Saturday, November 14, 2009

If you take fuchsias indoors for overwintering,would this be mid-Nov?

.I have a heated conservatory would I then treat my fuchsias as if they were still outside and water or feed.





If yes how often should I do this.I would like to try and save my standard fuchsias also indoors.

If you take fuchsias indoors for overwintering,would this be mid-Nov?
Just about when you have your first frost would be the best time to bring it in... It can take a bit of frost, but why risk weakening it with frost?


Trim it back well, ( about 1/3 of the plant ..Don't worry , it will grow back.. doing this stimulates it to grow, which will actually help it adapt to the indoor climate. Check for bugs while you are at i t, and treat with an insecticide, if need be ( ask about what to use at any nursery , etc.. Just call ) Wait just a bit , before feeding it , a couple weeks, then feed as you did before.. I'm partial to the " Miracle - Gro " type of soluble fertilizer, deluted , in water , so i feed it a bit, every time I water .. they can last for years with a little care .. Fuchias are pretty rugged . re-pot in the spring, with new potting soil .. Give it as much sun as possible ; it may get leggy looking, if it doesn'r get enough sun, but that;s fine; you can cut it back again , come early spring, and when it gets back outside, it will grow nice and thick ..

leather boots

No comments:

Post a Comment