Saturday, November 14, 2009

Fuchsias blooming too early for itself?

My Fuschia "Diva" that I got a couple of months ago has been happily blooming since I got it. It's getting watered every week, sitting in a pot getting dapled sunlight out on a semi covered patio. My question comes in here. Lately when it's been blooming the sepals open whst seems like it's too early for the petals. The petals are shorter and lavender instead of slightly longer and purple like they were whe I bought it. Is there any thing I can do to make it do what it was doing before?

Fuchsias blooming too early for itself?
WHAT HAPPENS WITH MOST STORE OR NURSERY BOUGHT PLANTS, HAVE BEEN FERTILIZED THE WHOLE TIME THEY ARE BEING GROWN, ABOUT 2-3 MONTHS AFTER YOU HAVE HAD THEM THEY WILL TO START DO WHAT YOUR SEEING, THERE ARE TWO PROBLEMS THAT YOU HAVE THE FIRST IS IT NEEDS MORE FERTILIZER, THE SECOND IS MOST PLANTS WHEN YOU BUY THEM NEED TO BE MOVED TO A LARGER POT TO GIVE THE PLANT MORE ROOM TO GROW, IF YOU DO THOSE TWO THINGS THE PLANT WILL CONTINUE TO THRIVE, IF YOU DON'T IT WILL DIE BACK FROM LACK OF FOOD, WHICH IS WHY THE BLOOMS HAVE CHANGED COLORS, THE POTS GETTING TO SMALL, NO ROOM FOR NEW ROOTS, THAT'S WHY IT IS GETTING SMALLER GROWTH.
Reply:I think that your Fuchsias need more sun (but not hot afternoon sun) and more water (at least twice a week).





Good Luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment