Sunday, May 16, 2010

What color is:?

Aubergine


Plum


Ochre


Fuchsia

What color is:?
Plum is a shade of purple (usually reddish).


Ochre (as in "yellow ochre") is a golden, brownish yellow or orange-yellow.


Fuchsia is a sort of magenta-ish purplish red.


Aubergine... I've never seen it, but I'd say it's a dark purplish brown.





Funny: here there's a dictionary of colors, and they give two slightly different descriptions for "aubergine" (which would be British English) and "eggplant" (US English):


GB = a dark purple


US = a blackish purple


http://www.esp-world.info/Articles_1/Col...
Reply:Hi!


I don't know about Aubergine and Fuchsia, but I know that:


Plum is the color of tomato (kind of red),


and,


Ochre is the color of clay (a kind of dust).


Hope I have helped you, even very few!


No comments:

Post a Comment