Sunday, May 16, 2010

Keeping really bright-colored machine washables really bright--got any hints?

I have a cotton jersey wrap top that is a really intense fuchsia color. It's machine-washable, but I really do not want the color to fade. I have a vague memory of my mom putting white vinegar into the rinse water, but I'm not really sure and she's no longer around so I can't ask her. What are your tricks-of-the-trade for keeping bright colors really bright in the wash? Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Keeping really bright-colored machine washables really bright--got any hints?
You can try using the white vinegar, but it can damage some of the newer fabrics and dyes. Wash in cold water alone or with same colors only. Shout Color Catchers help too. Also, use a liquid fabric softener and hang the shirt to dry or dry it flat. The heat from the dryer will fade the fabric. Good luck!
Reply:Things You’ll Need:





epsom salt








Step1


during the wash cycle add detergent





Step2


and 1/4 cup of epsom salt





Step3


let wash as usual

children boots

No comments:

Post a Comment