Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm having troble rooting fuchsia cuttings am using heat 75 degreesand rooting compound what am I doing wrong

Putting them in water is the easiest and most successful way, peat moss would be second best. Make sure they've got at least two full sets of leaves, but not more than three, no flowers or buds--might already know this





They should be placed in an area that is not too bright or warm (that may be what you're problem is). I put mine in a bay window in my kitchen, or on the kitchen counter. Good air circulation is a must.





I've never had any luck with rooting compounds, fuchsias seem to prefer not a lot of fuss until after they've rooted. Simply sticking a piece in a cup of water and ignoring it for a good 6-8 weeks has produced the best roots in my experience.





Once you've got a good amount of roots (if using water), you'll want to CAREFULLY pot them. A 4" plastic nursery container works well. Peat moss is best for the first potting--as long as you make sure it is kept consistenltly moist and never dries out. I wouldn't put fetilizer in the whatever mix you choose to use, to keep encouraging strong root growth.





Don't put them outside until after the 2nd potting, doing so gradually, a few hours each day until they're used to the change. Now's the time to start feeding them.





Good Luck!

I'm having troble rooting fuchsia cuttings am using heat 75 degreesand rooting compound what am I doing wrong
If you think it has been long enough for something to have happend, try rooting them in water.


No comments:

Post a Comment