Monday, April 27, 2009

My fuchsia is in poor condition ?

I have a pink fuchsia, and it used to be healthy, now it is scrawny and the blooms usually swell, turn purple, and fall off before opening. Also, some of the leaves are discolored...brown and blackish....I re potted it today, and took off everything that seemed unhealthy (leaving it a little bare, lol). I noticed a little whitish stuff here and there, like cobwebs or mold...not a lot tho. AND I know snails have been chowing on it, too! Is there anything I can do to help this poor plant before throwing in the towel? thx

My fuchsia is in poor condition ?
The cobwebs stuff sounds like you may have mealy bugs on this plant. I use warm water and rubbing alcohol (1/2 %26amp; 1/2 ) with 10 drops dish detergent all shaken up in a spray bottle. Spray everywhere on plant. Maybe you need to repot plant if it's in a pot to get rid of contaminated soil. and then scratch one or 2 Tblsp. epsom salts into soil and water well. Never allow plant to stand in sopping wet soil and don't let it get bone dry either. I hope this works for you.
Reply:Hi there,





Check this out for more on pests:





http://www.btinternet.com/~micka.wffps/f...


No comments:

Post a Comment